IF you are a PSU grad or student, you know ALL ABOUT the FIVE ROUTES! You've gotten the flyer with your materials, or have emailed about it with your rep!
Here's a refresher: There are FIVE ROUTES to a successful business of your own:
1. The Traditional College Route, where you spend a hundred thousand dollars or more, and in the end do not have the skills to succeed in your own business, or often even get a job outside of flipping burgers with a PhD!
2. The Trade School Route for professional trades, like PSU. This second route means you start IMMEDIATELY in your own business once certified by your association. It is like Microsoft Certification for Computer programmers and techs, regardless of your formal education, that certifcation is the one that gets you a great job or allows you to start your own business.
3. The Apprentice/Life Skills Route. This means you apply what you already know, learn on the job, or go through a long series of stages from apprentice to Journeyman, Master, etc. You can bypass this route with the two below by applying related life skills, your former occupation, etc. ALL certifcation includes BOTH "ground school" and "flight training" or both hands on and book learning, and even traditional college has both lecture and lab.
4. The General Contractor/ Project Manager Route. Our second favorite, you do have your own skills, but the ones you are missing are filled in by hiring and contracting. If you are a beginning engraver and just bought your first 3D cad/cam printer/fabricator, you can also BOTH "farm out" and hire part time independent contractors to help with all level of projects. GC's might be "only" an electrician by background, but they hire, contract and manage carpenters and plumbers too, to get the job done!
5. Our very favorite: Association certified.This is like Microsoft Certified in computers, Oracle certified in databases, Cisco certified in networks, etc. These professional certfications like AAGSR in Gunsmithing, ASLPA in Locksmithing TAAIA in appraising, and many others, from CPA to Actuarial Science and many others are the HEART of success in your own business or professional/trade career. PSU has relationships with hundreds of these associations, and in fact we SEND grads to so many that we are often able to obtain deep discounts on your certification process, and even bypass sitting for local exams.
Notice that this final and key route has many paths to it, from traditional college, to life skills and apprenticeship, to of course the FASTEST: trade schools and universities! YES, you still CAN take a correspondence course for your JD and IF you pass the bar in your State, become a lawyer! Those trade association and government sponsored exams are KEY to professional success in nearly every technical field today. And the key to that is one of our own favorite course areas: PROJECT MANAGEMENT. Once you can successfully manage and complete a project, from plan to execution, whether with your own skills or managing other skilled pros, YOU ARE THERE! The balance of your own skills and learning vs. managing those of others are all part of your own professional and business plan, whether starting out, adding new services or products, or changing careers.
FACTS, in addition to the powerful referral networks below:
1. The leading online school in the world costs an average of $50,000, yet only 29% of enrollees graduate and are certified! How do you define a CRIME?? (Source: Fox News)
2. PSU certifies 100% of our students. If you fail, we work with you until you pass!
3. NO other online school includes all texts, tools, after graduation support, etc. We've had the highest rating of any "correspondence" school since 1971, and the highest rating of any online trade school since 1989.
4. Your PSU Credentials are accepted at MORE PLACES than any other online school OR any accredited brick and mortar school!
Comprehensive PSU Entrepreneur Career Business Certification List (Active Referral Networks)
Adobe Pro - Ad Agency - Alternative Medicine (Herbologist, Naturopath, Health) - Animator - Appraiser - Artist - Audio Engineer - Author - AutoCad Designer - Background Investigator - Bail Agency - Bladesmith - Bodyguard - Bookkeeper - Boxing Instructor - Business Consultant - Caterer - Chess Tutor - Circuit Designer - Code Enforcer - Collection Agent - Combat Instructor - Computer Design / Builder - Computer Security - Computer Programmer - Computer Repair - Construction Manager - Course Designer - Court Investigator - Craft Designer - Cryptographer - CSI Consultant - Data Scientist - Day Care Agency - Dental Assistant - Designer - Digital Artist - Director - Drug Counselor - E Commerce - Elearning Consultant - Electrician - Electronics Tech - Engineering Tutor - Engraver - Exam Prep Tutor - Family Counselor - Fashion Designer - FFL - Film Video Editor - Financial Advisor - Firearms Instructor - Forensic Accountant - Forensic Photographer - Funeral Planner - Game Programmer - Graphic Artist - Gunsmith - HR Manager - Illustrator - Interrogator - Journalist - Knife Instructor - Librarian - Locksmith - Math Tutor - Maya Programmer - Mediator - Medical Assistant - Medical Biller - Microsoft Consultant - Mortgage Counselor - Notary Public - Pastoral Counselor - Personal Trainer - Pet Care Agency - Photographer - Physical Therapy Aide - Polgygraph Agency - Powerpoint Designer - Printing Tech - Private Investigator - Producer - Project Manager - Publisher - Quickbooks Consultant - Recruiter - Reloader - Reporter - Research Assistant - Reviewer - Science Tutor - Sculptor - Seamstress - Security Consultant - SEO Consultant - Skip Tracer - Social Media Consultant - Solar Engineer - Statistician - Supercomputing - Travel Agent - Vehicle Repair - Veterinary Assistant - Web Designer - Wedding Conductor - Wildlife / Forestry Agent - Writer